Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Monday

  • a new month and a new week
  • and spring is coming
  • today was a good weather day
  • but weather man is teasing us
  • about snow tomorrow-
  • papa hubby went home on a Monday
  • but I still enjoy Mondays- he was a monday
  • kind of guy.........we never had a blue Monday
  • I like every day of the week and
  • I am thankful we have 7 days to enjoy
  • some thing new every day
  • today was bill paying day and I
  • had enough to keep the house
  • going one more month and then
  • I trust the Lord for the next month-
  • today is our robyn's 14th birthday
  • and I can remember what we were doing
  • the day she was born
  • waiting with her dad who was waiting
  • for her to come join us as a family member
  • she was cute as a button and still is
  • made her a nice dinner yesterday and all she
  • wanted was her mashed potatoes- she lives
  • for mashed potatoes- yes, her dad is Irish
  • and yes, I let her eat mashed potatoes to her
  • hearts content........it is her first birthday with
  • out her papa so she is feeling some blues
  • she wanted to know how papa will know her (?)
  • but Miss Ashley told her that papa will still know
  • her when she leaves this earth as a wrinked old lady
  • some times kids word things just a way that
  • makes you want to laugh-- sigh-
  • It is hard for the kids to understand
  • change as they want
  • papa to know them
  • we forget that kids see things differently
  • at times than we do.....
  • _________________
  • update on Jordan- the man posed as a policeman
  • with flashing blue lights and a uniform and a gun
  • and now we are all stunned that this
  • could happen in our little town - and area
  • we continue to pray for her
  • huggles from Meme is going to make a left over supper
  • -------------------

6 comments:

  1. You know it is odd about dates of passing; my dad died on Halloween and I was afraid that the Autumn and that holiday would be difficult but it's not - it is still a favorite season. Seems like all my nieces/nephews always ordered mashed potatoes for special dinners too. I still love them myself! I still am very sad about the news of the young lady you mentioned and such a shame that she felt an obligation to stop. I believe I heard recently that you can dial 711 if you are being pulled over and feel any hesitation about doing so. I am going to research that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is just a lovely blog! I am not sure which one to leave the comment on or maybe all three.......soooooooooo nice to meet you........ I am up and coughing so maybe I will just hang out and read here some........ I love meeting new people !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful .... Eating mashed potatoes to her hearts content.......comfort food....... We all need that...... I am going to read some more..... I love your style...... I see your heart........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I have gone private for a short time. It seems that my blog was HACKED. I am not sending out invites until I know exactly what to do. Just wanted to let you know that you are not being excluded from Dust Bunny Hostage :) "I'll be back!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn,

    Thanks so much for stopping by my site and leaving a 'footprint' of your presence! I so appreciated your comments.

    I noticed in your profile you like Jan Karon's books --- me too! I LOVE them. I read them over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your Robyn. 14 is such a tender age. I'm glad you let her eat all the mashed potatoes she wanted.

    I will pray for Jordan. She will need to reach out to God in order to heal.

    Thank you for your comments on my Ode to Aunt May. This was her first birthday since she passed. I'm just missing her right now.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete